The Newport Gulls hosted the NECBL All-Star Game on Sunday, welcoming a crowd of 2,821 to Cardines Field for a glimpse of the best players in the league. Seven players represented the Ocean State Waves. Travis Honeyman, Kyle Maves and Nick Hassan were in the starting lineup for the South Division squad, with Hassan recording an RBI to lead the local contingent. Johnny Tuccillo came off the bench behind the plate. Ryan Gleason, Nick Payero and Shaun Gamelin pitched one inning apiece. The North Division won the matchup 6-2.
North Kingstown School Committee officials found themselves in the middle of a debate over curriculum this week as members of the public sparred Tuesday night over the topics of sexuality and gender identity and how appropriate it is for those subjects to be explored by local students. At particular issue was the inclusion of a book titled “Gender Queer” that was recently added to the high school library. The memoir, about gender identity, includes images and discussion of sexual acts.
- Crusaders hold off push from SK for spot in semis
- NK sets up showdown with Rams
- Book’s graphic sexual content sparks clash between parents, school board in NK
- Mariners take good step with win over Bulldogs
- Local towns prepare for ‘spooktacular’ Halloween weekend
- SK falls to Hawks, looks ahead to key game
- NK Town Council honors first responders, approves $258K sewer contract
- Rebel girls win frosh XC title
- No easy answers as South County businesses still struggle to find workers
- SK resident Tim Gray to be inducted into RI Hall of Fame
- Divided Narragansett Town Council approves $9K camera system
- Savastano says she is victim of town’s ‘inaccurate’ report
- URI’s annual 5K run for mental health set for this Saturday
- Letter: Both sides bear blame in North Kingstown
- Community members lend a helping hand to keep Tilly’s afloat
- The View From Swamptown: We have a duty to our ancestors to maintain local cemeteries
- SK Town Council President faces backlash for mailer decisions
- URI Theatre Department welcomes audiences back with a history lesson in ‘Silent Sky’
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.