After a rough start to the Connie Mack season, the Narragansett Lions started turning things around last Monday with a win over Warwick PAL, then really got moving in the right direction on Saturday with an 8-2 win over first-place Flood Ford. Tyler Poirier, Sam Laurie and Aiden Burdick each had three hits, while Zack Bianco and Will Rotelli kept the Flood Ford bats quiet. Pictured, Rotelli delivers a pitch in Saturday’s game at Sprague Park.
Do you believe Rhode Island schools should cancel the fall sports season to slow the spread of the coronavirus?
The Rhode Island Interscholastic League has a blueprint of possibilities and a start date for sports in the 2020-21 academic year, but no final decisions have been made about what the upcoming fall season will look like on fields and courts around the Ocean State. The league shared its thinking on Wednesday in a virtual press conference and in a presentation titled “The Safe Return of Education-Based Athletics” that was sent to member schools. The Principals’ Committee on Athletics – the league’s governing body – has voted to delay the start of fall sports practices from Aug. 17 to Sept. 14. While the league unveiled a model for fall sports and beyond that could be implemented under current state guidelines, no decision will be made until after Aug. 17. With that in mind, do you believe the RIIL should vote to cancel the fall sports season given the current state of the coronavirus pandemic in Rhode Island?
- Winning the Week
- PawSox mourn loss of former GM
- Officials scale back hunting plan at Chafee Refuge
- Kenny, Tuxbury tops in virtual Blessing of the Fleet
- URI draws challenging road slate in A-10 pairings
- South Kingstown school officials say they’ll rectify ‘systemic racism’
- Jamestown Arts Center to bring art outdoors for one-day show Saturday
- League has model but no decision yet on fall
- Narragansett will offer town space to local restaurants for free
- Phil’s Main Street Grille serves up some new favorites
- Tourist season recovery too little, too late for some local industries
- URI inks deal with local hotels to house students
- RI Fishing Heritage Trail comes to North Kingstown
- NK schools OK fall calendar, name new AD
- The View From Swamptown: Ken Mumford shaped far more than Wickford’s greenery
- South Kingstown schools approve plan for in-person, virtual education mix this fall
- Green Hill residents ask for formal rules governing golf carts
- Letter: Former NHS student declares candidacy
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.